SUSTAINABLE EDUCATIONAL INITIATIVE OF LIBERIA
- Vision *: We envisage a society where the right to education is protected with emphasis on children having the right to quality and affordable education.
- Mission *: To ensure that the fundamental right to education is protected holistically, advocate for child protection, and ensure that children are sent to school, with emphasis on less fortunate children, Children selling in the streets, and children with disabilities.
- Thematic Areas *:
- Target Group: National / Nationale
- Key Objectives *: Implementation of the Liberian Children’s Law of 2011 specifically section 9.1 which states that “Every child shall have the right to education,” and section 9.2 also stating that “The government of Liberia shall ensure that primary level education is free and compulsory in line with the right to education", which is in acquiescence to goal 4 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Quality Education. Moreover, we will ensure that Liberia is built through sustainable education not only focusing on street selling children, or primary school going children but also looking at ways of impacting education from a broader perspective as education builds and secures a nation.
- Core Competencies *:
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: Hosting of annual national career day symposium for High school students, Running a Television platform(Youth and Society) that brings youth issues to the spotlight thus providing solutions. Conducted research based advocacy campaigns.
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 4
- List Expertise of Board Members *: communication, Organizational Development, Professional graphic designing and Youth empowerment
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Nathan N. Gbelee
- Name of Contact Person *: Nathan N. Gbelee
- Position of Contact Person *: Founder and Executive Director
- Number of Staff *: 8
- Number of Males *: 5
- Number of Females *: 3