Local Governance Network
- Postal Address *: Local Governance Network-LOGNet C/o ActionAid Ghana P.O.Box AN 19083 Accra-North Ghana.
- Office Location: Oko Kotey Link, East Legon Accra - Ghana.
- Region *: Greater Accra
- Country *: Ghana
- City *: Accra
- Telephone *: +233302760448
- Fax : +233302773108
- Email *: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website *: www.lognetgh.org
- Vision *: LOGNet wants to see all Ghanaian citizens empowered to engage confidently and effectively in the decentralization and governance process in Ghana.
- Mission *: LOGNet works to empower its members and all Ghanaian citizens to engage confidently and effectively in the decentralization and local governance process in Ghana.
- Thematic Areas *: Education / Education,Governance / Gouvernance,Human Rights / Droits de l’Homme,Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) / Objectifs de Développement Durable (ODD),Economic Development / Développement Economique,Community Development / Développement Communautaire,Local Governance and Inclusion.
- Target Group: National / Nationale,Regional / Régionale,Community / Communauté
- Key Objectives *: 1.To Serve as a focal point for government and development partners to engage with CSOs on local governance. 2.To serve as a focal point for CSOs to engage with the public 3. To serve as a forum for learning and sharing among members. 4. To facilitate the provision of a collective voice for advocacy
- Core Competencies *: Advocacy / Plaidoyer,Policy Influencing / Influence des Politiques ,Capacity Development / Renforcement des Capacités
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: 1. LOGNet mobilized CSOs in all the districts of Ghana to participate in the consultative processes on the formulation of the Decentralization Policy Framework and National Decentralization Action Plan. 2.LOGNet has facilitated capacity building workshops for women groups and people living with disabilities. It has also built the capacity of its members in the district planning process as well as composite budgeting. 3.LOGNet has formed partnerships with the Institute of Local Government Studies(ILGS), the Inter Ministerial Coordinating Committee (IMCC), GIZ and the social Accountability Platform hosted by the of Local Government Studies(ILGS) to undertake several capacity building projects.
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 9
- List Expertise of Board Members *: Executive Directors and Program Managers of CSOs/NGOs
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Sumaila Abdul-Rahman
- Name of Contact Person *: Christopher Dapaah
- Position of Contact Person *: National Coordinator
- Number of Staff *: 15
- Number of Males *: 10
- Number of Females *: 5