Society For Women And Aids In Africa (Ghana)
- Vision *: To have a world free of hiv/aids where african women can be empowered to claim equal rights and access to health care, education, economic and socio-cultural opportunities.
- Mission *: To advocate on behalf women, children and families in the fight against hiv/aids, and mobilize communities by strengthening their capacity to control, prevent and mitigate the impact of the epidemic.
- Thematic Areas *:
- Target Group:
- Key Objectives *: Swaa ghana’s main objectives are to sensitize, educate and raise the awareness of ghanaian women, especially rural ghanaian women with regards to the hiv/aids epidemic and related issues. swaa also aims to undertake aids control activities that will be more acceptable and receptive to the ghanaian woman based on her socio-cultural and educational background. additionally, swaa examines ways of working with existing women’s organizations, national aids control programme and other ngos in the fight against the aids epidemic, and to promote the reproductive health of ghanaian women in general.
- Core Competencies *:
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *:
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 0
- List Expertise of Board Members *:
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Nancy Ansah
- Name of Contact Person *: Maakpe John Vianney
- Position of Contact Person *: Regional Coordinator
- Number of Staff *: 6
- Number of Males *: 2
- Number of Females *: 6