CENTRE FOR RESEARCH, EDUCATION, EMPOWERMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Postal Address *: P.O Box 462 C/O Monju Patrick Mbicho
- Office Location: Buea
- Region *: Sud-Ouest
- Country *: Cameroon
- City *: Buea
- Telephone *: +237677860527
- Fax :
- Email *: email@example.com
- Website *:
- Vision *: Our vision is to educate and empower youth, women and vulnerable persons to fully engage and participate in decision making, engage in sustainable development activities and to provide a platform that will promote peace building projects.
- Mission *: Our mission is to empower youths, women and vulnerable persons through civic engagement, build capacities and assist in skill development of youths and women. Also, to promote gender equality in traditional setups and in community development projects while promoting women's right to property and reproductive health. Similarly, we aimed at promoting human rights and peace building projects within communities. Moreover, we aim to promote health care and reproductive health education. Finally to promote community development and sustainable agriculture while preserving and protecting the environment through proper farming schemes.
- Thematic Areas *: Education / Education,Governance / Gouvernance,Human Rights / Droits de l’Homme,Peace and Security / Paix et Securité,Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) / Objectifs de Développement Durable (ODD),Environmental Conservation / Préservation de l’Environnement,Humanitarian Affairs / Affaires Humanitaires,Cultural Promotion / Promotion Culturelle ,Community Development / Développement Communautaire
- Target Group: International / Internationale ,National / Nationale,Regional / Régionale,Community / Communauté
- Key Objectives *: - To educate and empower youths and women on civic engagement towards nation building- To carry out research that will improve on human development.- Build capacities and assist in skill development of youths and women through functional literacy programs.- Promote gender equality and foster girls and women's rights.- Promote healthy living and promote reproductive health education of youths and women.- Promote peace and conflict resolution through peace building activities by engaging youths and women.- Promote sustainable development and sustainable agriculture while protecting the environment.
- Core Competencies *: Advocacy / Plaidoyer,Policy Influencing / Influence des Politiques ,Knowledge Management / Gestion des Connaissances,Capacity Development / Renforcement des Capacités
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: - Sensitization workshops in hospitals on sexual and reproductive health rights of adolescence and women. - Workshops organize across the country with partner organization on religion and violence extremism - Workshops across the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon to introduce elderly home care within families. - Youth and women empowerment projects in creating and running small businesses as well as engaging youths and women in sustainable agricultural projects across the North West and South West Regions. - Advocating fro inclusive dialogue and peace building activities to resolve the current Anglophone crisis in Cameroon by engaging women and youths to peaceful approaches in conflict resolution.. - Training of election observers in 2011 in partnership with Transparency International Cameroon and participation in the 2011 presidential election observation and the 2013 Municipal and Legislative election observation. - Workshops organized across the Nation on youth and women engagement in governance and leadership organised with partner organisations.
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 5
- List Expertise of Board Members *: Bachelor's Degree
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Monju Patrick Mbicho
- Name of Contact Person *: Violet Yigha Fokum
- Position of Contact Person *: Chief Executive Officer
- Number of Staff *: 7
- Number of Males *: 3
- Number of Females *: 4