Autism Voice Sierra Leone
- Postal Address *: 20 Cantonment Road,Off Kingharman Road,Freetown,Sierra Leone
- Office Location: 20 Cantonment Road,Off Kingharman Road,Freetown,Sierra Leone
- Region *: Western Area Urban District
- Country *: Sierra Leone
- City *: Freetown
- Telephone *: +232 88 671582
- Fax :
- Email *: email@example.com
- Website *: www.autismvoice.org.uk
- Vision *: Autism Voice Sierra Leone envisions a country in which all autistic people (children, youths and adults) and co-occurring conditions are supported by a society that works to ensure they can live with dignity, participate in a quality of life and strive for a bright future.
- Mission *: Autism is not a popular topic in the African continent and Sierra Leone is no exception. our mission is to educate the public about the condition, give and advocate for support and protection of people within the spectrum and help in enhancing autistic people and their families live a happy life.
- Thematic Areas *: Communications and Media / Communications et Médias,Education / Education,Human Rights / Droits de l’Homme,Humanitarian Affairs / Affaires Humanitaires,Community Development / Développement Communautaire
- Target Group: National / Nationale,Community / Communauté
- Key Objectives *: a. To provide training, support, and vital information about autism in Sierra Leone to key stakeholders including parents/carers and professionals who may come into contact with autistic people.b. To promote the inclusion and participation of autistic people in the daily activities in Sierra Leone.c. To educate local communities about autism and it implications on families in a bid to end autism attached stigma and discrimination.d. To enhance effective coordination between communities and the education, health and social service to discuss and address faith-based issues relating to autism.e. To advocate for a research into the autism spectrum disorder in Sierra Leone.f. To use this organisation as a platform for fundraising for advocacy, support and autism awareness in Sierra Leone.g. To raise awareness among religious and cultural leaders by providing them with the necessary knowledge and information they need to help remove existing stigma and discrimination of autistic people and their families.h. To facilitate mentoring to autistic people in local communities.
- Core Competencies *: Advocacy / Plaidoyer,Capacity Development / Renforcement des Capacités
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: In partnership with the Sierra Leone National School for the Deaf and Dumb, successfully organised a one day workshop for teachers and other education staff in January 2019. We also organised three major community engagement in Freetown between December 2018 and January 2019 including Kroo Bay and Thunder Hill.
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 3
- List Expertise of Board Members *: Accounting and Finance, Management and Media and Communications
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Chief Executive Officer
- Name of Contact Person *: Mariama Kandeh
- Position of Contact Person *: Chief Executive Officer
- Number of Staff *: 5
- Number of Males *: 2
- Number of Females *: 3