ACTION FOR COMMUNITY TASK
- Vision *: Vision statement We seek a society where everyone has rights to socio economic justice geared towards sustainable peace and development.
- Mission *: Mission statement We operate to promote the rights and dignity of the marginalized inclusive of women, children and youths through capacity building advocacy and networking in a bid to achieve socio – economic justice regardless of color, status, sex, political, social, economic and religion beliefs / affiliation.
- Thematic Areas *: Women's Rights and Child Protection
- Target Group:
- Key Objectives *: Strategic goals We have identified five (5) key strategies outlined below and their related goals which highlight the priorities of our organization for the period 2019- 2021. 3.1.1: Strategic Goal 1: Empower communities mainly women, children and youths to identify, monitor and report issues of abuse and violations existing within our communities. 3.1.2: Strategic Goal 2: Build the capacity of Board, staff and volunteers to make them more effective and efficient in the execution of their duties. 3.1.3: Strategic Goal 3: Promote leadership empowerment of women, children and youths geared towards sustainable peace and development of their communities. 3.1.4: Strategic Goal 4: Mobilise and sensitise communities to collectively undertake advocacy on land rights, health sanitation and other related issues.
- Core Competencies *: Women's Rights and Child Protection
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: Action for Community Task (ACT) is a non-partisan and non-profit making Civil Society Organisation (CSO) that is legally registered with the Ministry of Social Welfare, Gender and Children’s Affairs (MSWCGA) Ministry and the Pujehun District Council in Southern Sierra Leone. Principal amongst the reasons why ACT-SL was formed was to address impunity and respond to the widespread human right abuses and violations existing in Pujehun District resulting from negative traditional & religious beliefs and practices, Poverty, weak accountability institutions like the Police, local Courts etc with limited & incompetent staff etc However, in 2006, we reviewed our strategic focus with more emphasis on Gender Based Violence (GBV) specifically Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) as domestic violence including battery of women, rape and unwanted teenage pregnancy and high drop out amongst school girls were increasing. Since then we have been the leading CSO in Pujehun district promoting the rights and dignities of women, children and youths, monitoring and documenting the violations of women’s rights. We also provide safe spaces where women, children and youths report abuses/violations and seek counseling and legal redress. We also work directly with the Human Rights and Rule of Law Section of the United Nations Peace Building in Sierra Leone (UNIPSIL), the Human Rights Commission of Sierra Leone and other key Gender based violence related organizations like Women’s Partnership for Justice and Peace etc.
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 7
- List Expertise of Board Members *: Teachers, Development practioners, Agriculturist,Child Activist, Youth Activist, Law maker
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Sadiatu Kemokai-Leigh
- Name of Contact Person *: Mohamed K.G kemokai
- Position of Contact Person *: Programs Officer
- Number of Staff *: 10
- Number of Males *: 4
- Number of Females *: 6