Youth Dream Center Sierra Leone
- Postal Address *: 12 Josiah Drive off Regent Road Lumley, Freetown
- Office Location: 2 Josiah Drive off Regent Road Lumley, Freetown
- Region *: Western Area Urban District
- Country *: Sierra Leone
- City *: Freetown
- Telephone *: +23278784657
- Fax :
- Email *: email@example.com
- Website *: www.ydc-sl.org
- Vision *: Vision: To experience meaningful change in the lives of vulnerable youth, women and children in Sierra Leone and to increase the access of education for all.
- Mission *: Mission: To promote education and skills training among marginalized and dropout youth, especially women and girls, and to empower them through education to gain a sustainable livelihood and speak up for themselves and their rights. We are currently looking for support to empower marginalised vulnerable groups in Sierra Leone through our Non-Formal Education Project.
- Thematic Areas *: Education / Education,Governance / Gouvernance,Human Rights / Droits de l’Homme,Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) / Objectifs de Développement Durable (ODD),Women Empowerment / Emancipation des Femmes,Youth Empowerment / Emancipation des Jeunes,Poverty Reduction / Réduction de la Pauvreté,Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, MSMEs Managerial Capacity Building and Business Development Services (BDS) Delivery, Youth Entrepreneurship, Vocational and Technical Skills Development, Financial Education, Transparency and Social Accountability, Human Resource and Organizational Development as well as Green Industry Development.,TVET
- Target Group: Community / Communauté ,Vulnrable Groups,Persons with Disability,vulnerable children and young people,Women ,• Women • Youths • Children • At Risk populations Including Sex workers, MSM, Truck Drivers, and Migrant workers, and PLHIV etc.
- Key Objectives *: YDC-SL has been formed for the following purposes: 1. To promote education of youths; 2. To provide youths with a safe place where they can study; 3. To provide youths with vocational training and technical skills; 4. To provide a resource centre which can be used to assist studies and develop knowledge; 5. To advocate with and on behalf of the youth; 6. Build the capacity of youth to be better citizens and contribute to national development.
- Core Competencies *: Capacity Development / Renforcement des Capacités,Awareness Creation & Sensitization / Prise de Conscience et Sensibilisation,Service Provision / Prestation de services,Youth Capacity Development,Project Management,Media engagement,Research,Research ,Interventions and research,TVET
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: Since 2007 to date YDC-SL free non-formal education have impacted the lives of 1204 male and 1465 female making a total 2670. Most of these youths have been gainfully employed and become self-reliance.
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 7
- List Expertise of Board Members *: Strategic Plnalling, Finanaical Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Research Skills, Communication Skills, Analytical Skills Advocacy Skills
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Paul Abu Kargbo
- Name of Contact Person *: +23280515447-Paul Abu Kargbo
- Position of Contact Person *: Executive Director
- Number of Staff *: 14
- Number of Males *: 9
- Number of Females *: 5
EVALUATING THE CONTRIBUTION OF SIERRA LEONE OPPORTUNITY INDUSTRIALISATION CENTER TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL INSTITUTE ON YOUTH DEVELOPMENT IN BOMBALI DISTRICTFeb 21, 2020
Cascading Local Fundraising training to YDC-SL Staff and VolunteersFeb 4, 2020
Promoting Education for All in Kono Final ReportJan 30, 2020
Creating Safe Public Space for Youth Wellbeing in Sierra LeoneJan 30, 2020
YDC-SL facilitates the strengthening of CSOs in Sierra Leone in local fundraisingNov 29, 2019