Center for Active Learning and Integrated Development
- Vision *: A society of equal opportunities ,where every person is able to assert their rights ,fulfills their responsibilities and enjoys a secure life with dignity.
- Mission *: To work with communities to expand their capabilities to access their rights ,maximize their potential and provide for the wellbeing of its members.
- Thematic Areas *: Education / Education,Governance / Gouvernance
- Target Group: Regional / Régionale,Community / Communauté
- Key Objectives *: CALID has the unlisted objectives:1.To enhance the opportunity of poor and marginalized boys and girls to have access to quality basic education through improved retention and ability of at least 80% girls to complete Junior High School by 2020.2.Empower citizens to actively participate in decision making at the local and national levels and demand transparency and accountability from traditional, local government structures and basic service delivery institutions for the wellbeing of citizens.3.To improve management of resources as a result of increase transparency and accountability in 35 CHPS Compounds in Northern Region of Ghana.4.To secure access of poor and marginalized men and women to a decent livelihood through access to productive resources ,skills training and enterprise development.
- Core Competencies *: Advocacy / Plaidoyer,Policy Influencing / Influence des Politiques
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: Through the support of these donors, CALID has undertaken projects like; Action for Children Rights Education (ACRE), Children’s Right and Empowerment for Social Transformation (CREST), Youth Empowerment for Transparent and Accountable Governance and Education (YETAGE),Strengthening Citizens’ Action and Learning Empowerment (SCALE), Promoting Quality Education for Girls through Study Clubs (PGESC), Citizen Empowerment for Transparent and Accountable Quality Education (CETAGE).Other projects include; Promoting Women in Leadership, Ghana Strengthening Accountability Mechanism (GSAM), Democratic Consolidation and Accountable Governance Programme, Enhancing Active Community participation in Local Governance, Fighting Unapproved Charges for Health Services (FUChaSS), Peaceful and Credible Elections –Peace, Vigilant Citizens for Peaceful Election 2020 (VIGILANT 4 ELECTION 2020) and many others
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 7
- List Expertise of Board Members *: 1. Development Consultant 2.Development Expect 3. Leader of Fundraiser and Consultant 4.Lecturer and a Research Fellow 5.Educationist 6.Educationist 7. Development Expect
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: Mohammed Awal Sumani Bapio
- Name of Contact Person *: Mohammed Awal Sumani Bapio
- Position of Contact Person *: Executive Director
- Number of Staff *: 7
- Number of Males *: 4
- Number of Females *: 3