Society for the Aged Ghana
- Postal Address *: C/O P. O. BOX KJ 625 KEJETIA – KUMASI GHANA, W/AFRICA.
- Office Location: BOKANCHIE/ SERNE-ATWIWA NWABIAGYA DISTRICT, ASHANTI REGION HOUSE NO: BK 37, KUMASI.
- Region *: Ashanti
- Country *: Ghana
- City *: Kumasi
- Telephone *: 0244994186
- Fax : N/A
- Email *: Societyfortheaged@gmail.com
- Website *: http://www.societyfortheaged.com
- Vision *: To advance the interest and welfare of older persons in Ghana regardless of sex, creed and color.
- Mission *: To advance the interest and welfare of older persons in Ghana regardless of sex, creed and color.
- Thematic Areas *: Health Provision / Soins de Santé
- Target Group:
- Key Objectives *: a) To create public awareness on ageing issues and the problems facing older persons. b) To initiate and assist organizations working with and for older person in society to develop appropriate community-based services for them. c) To assist in the initiation and development, through research and advocacy of pragmatic policies and services for older person. d) To associate with the promotion of friendship and unity among members. e) To aid and support members in case of misfortunes. The society shall not be for attending funerals, weddings, etc. However, if a member dies, the group will meet to decide on what to do. f) To convene periodic meeting at which problems confronting or facing members could be discussed with the view to finding solutions to them.
- Core Competencies *: Advocacy / Plaidoyer,Policy Influencing / Influence des Politiques ,Capacity Development / Renforcement des Capacités
- Government Engagement:
- Major or Current Achievements *: a) Through various forms of education, the aged have been advised how to handle certain problems, and leave a comfortably live. b) The society has educated the youth to desist from indecent sexual activities in most part in the Ashanti Region. c) The society has being organizing a number of clean up campaigns. d) The society has educated the aged not to ask for alms. e) SOFA Ghana advocates for appropriate policies and programs aimed at promoting positive ageing life in Ghana. f) In order to build the capacity of partners’ organizations, also effectively undertake advocacy activities, SOFA Ghana organized series of training in Advocacy Techniques between 2007/ 2008 for them, including older people associations.
- Functional Board *:
- Number of Board Members *: 10
- List Expertise of Board Members *: Clergy, Economist, Media, Administrator, Health Personnel, Farmer, lawyer, and Chieftaincy
- Organisational Strategic Plan *:
- Head of Organisation *: George M.K. Aduboffour (Rev)
- Name of Contact Person *: George M.K. Aduboffour (Rev)
- Position of Contact Person *: Country Director (CEO)
- Number of Staff *: 210
- Number of Males *: 120
- Number of Females *: 90